Bindo offers an integration with BigCommerce that allows you to connect your Bindo store to your online store powered by BigCommerce. With this integration all of your product information can be managed in one place. Create your products in Bindo and names, prices, quantities, images and more sync up with BigCommerce. When an order is placed on BigCommerce it will show up in your POS, deduct inventory from your store, and generate a customer profile in Bindo. If an item is out of stock in Bindo it will show out of stock online.
Set Up & Install
- Confirm your Bindo inventory is configured correctly to be synced with your online store. To do this confirm that:
- All products that you prefer to sell in store only (and not online) are marked "In Store Only" in Bindo.
- Bindo product images are the images that you want displayed online. You may add multiple images to a product in Bindo and all images will be pushed to your BigCommerce store.
- Make sure your Bindo product names are the names that you want displayed online.
- Make sure your Bindo product descriptions are the descriptions that you want displayed online.
- Note: Since there is more limited flexibility to edit product names, images, and descriptions with UPC based products, we recommend that you utilize Custom products in your Bindo store to ensure that you have complete control over images and names. If you need to do a mass update to your inventory to configure it properly it is recommended that you overwrite/edit existing items in your store using a CSV file.
- Note there are some product fields that exist in BigCommerce and not in Bindo. These fields will not be created for your products and must be created in BigCommerce directly. For example website SEO fields must be added in BigCommerce directly. It is important that if you do edit fields in BigCommerce that you edit only those fields that Bindo does not create/update directly. If you attempt to edit a field such as product name, or if you change a price in BigCommerce directly (both name and image are fields managed by Bindo), Bindo will subsequently overwrite your change. Make those changes in Bindo and Bindo only.
- Install the Bindo app in your BigCommerce store. Go to the Bindo app page on the BigCommerce Marketplace and click on the GET IT NOW button. Follow the prompts to install the app.
Once you install the app in your BigCommerce store someone at Bindo will be notified. Nothing will happen with the integration until someone at Bindo activates it for your store.
Managing Your Inventory
Many basic fields (such as product name and price) are shared between Bindo and BigCommerce but system workflows and requirements vary with regards other types of data. For this you have a few options with regards to how you prefer to manage certain fields in the system.
- Category: Category exists in both Bindo and BigCommerce, but it is required in BigCommerce and not required in Bindo. Additionally you might use the Category field in Bindo differently from how you use it on your website. You have three ways to communicate Category from Bindo to BigCommerce:
- Set a "Default BigCommerce Category" on the Bindo App Settings page in BigCommerce. All products that are not assigned a specific category (using an option below) will use this default option.
- Enter a value in the Bindo product Category field
- If your Bindo categories do not align with those in BigCommerce or you prefer to manage BigCommerce categories separately from those in Bindo, create a Custom Attribute in Bindo called "Category" and enter the relevant BigCommerce Category name in that field.
- Weight: Weight does not exist as a field in Bindo but it is required in BigCommerce. If you do not enter weight for products in Bindo the integration will use a placeholder of 1 unit for all products (the unit of measure is the default one in your BigCommerce store). You do have the option to enter weight as a custom attribute in Bindo. To enter weight as a Custom Attribute, the attribute name must be "Weight". Enter your weight values with both number and unit abbreviation in the field. For example "2 lb" or "2 lbs" will be recognized as 2 pounds, "2 g" will be recognized a 2 grams, "2 oz" or "2 ozs" will be recognized as 2 ounces, and "2 kg" or "2 kgs" will be recognized as 2 kilograms. If you enter number only, the number will be sent to BigCommerce as is and BigCommerce will use your store's default weight unit.
- Images and Description: You may prefer to manage images and description on your website instead of in Bindo. On the Bindo BigCommerce App Settings page you can choose where you prefer to manage images and description. If you choose Bindo, it means your Bindo images and descriptions will always overwrite those on BigCommerce. If you choose BigCommerce it means that Bindo will only send images and description for a product upon creation of that product, and after that the data will be managed on your website directly.
Additional notes for the integration:
- Once the integration is configured any new products that you create in Bindo will be pushed to your website automatically, unless you mark those items as "In Store Only".
- Inventory quantities will stay up to date in your online store based on the quantities that are in Bindo. The default setting is to disallow orders on items where inventory is at or below 0 in Bindo. The integration currently supports a connection with inventory quantities in a single Bindo location (a multi-location integration is possible but requires additional set up, please contact us for more information).
- Orders placed online will appear in your Bindo store automatically.
- Items created in Bindo, pushed to BigCommerce, and subsequently deleted or marked "In Store Only" in Bindo will not be deleted in BigCommerce, they will instead be hidden. Since items that are deleted in BigCommerce are deleted permanently we designed the integration this way to prevent accidental deletion of items. To delete an item in BigCommerce log into your BigCommerce store and delete it directly from the BigCommerce admin dashboard.