1. Once you’ve downloaded the Bindo POS app, sign in using the required credentials.
2. Click on “New”, located in the right hand corner.
3. Click on “set up your store in 2 mins” to start setting your store up.
4. To start off, enter your store name, country, zip code and your phone number.
5. Next, add your address. Once you’ve filled in your address, click on “continue”.
6. Fill in the required fields:
Number of Locations: The options range from “not open yet” to “over 50 stores”.
Business Type: Choose the type of business your store is from the given options.
Number of Unique SKUs: SKU stands for “stock keeping unit”, this number is a number that retailers assign to products to keep track of stock levels internally. If a product has different colours and sizes, each of these variables will have a unique SKU number. This option ranges from “less than 50” to “10,000+”.
SKUs with Barcodes: This field ranges from “less than 10%” to “50%+”. This suggests how many of these individual products have specific barcodes.
Lastly, choose how you heard about POS.
7. After you have filled the above information, click on “continue”. The next section helps us suggest the best credit card processor for your needs.
Current Credit Card Processor: In this field there are three options. If you already obtain a credit card processor you can choose this option. The other two option are “I need a credit card processor” or “I only accept cash”.
Processing Needed By: In this option you can choose the time frame, if you are unsure you are able to choose“unplanned".
Average Sale Amount: If you know your average sales amount, you are able to choose a range of amounts. Again, if you are unsure you can choose “unknown”.
Monthly Revenue: If you are aware of your monthly revenue, you can choose the option that most appropriately fits your business. If you are not sure, you can choose “unknown”.
8. This section asks about data migration.
Current POS/Inventory System: Type in the current POS/Inventory system you are using.
I’ve Been Using It Since: Choose since when you’ve been using your current POS/Inventory System.
Number of Registers: Choose the number of registers.
Pros and Cons: You have the choice whether you want to fill this field in.
I Need to Migrate: Choose which options you need to migrate. These options are inventory, sales, customers, gift cards and others.
9. Once you’ve filled in all the required information, click on “continue”. Your store is now being activated. Make sure the contact information given is correct, if not click on "edit" and change details to the correct one. If the contact information is not correct, we will not be able to contact you.
If you have forgotten your password, click on "forget password".