This article teaches you how to manage a menu on dashboard. Take a look at our article on how to create a menu on POS, here.
Creating a Menu
1. Log into the dashboard with your necessary credentials.
2. Navigate to the Side Menu Bar>Restaurant Chain Menu>Menu Builder.
3. Click on “new”, located at the right bottom corner.
4. Fill in the necessary information.
Image: If you wish to upload an image for your menu, you can do so.
Menu Name: Name your menu here.
Description: Add a description for the menu if you want.
Channel: Choose the different channels you would like this menu to be available on.
Available Date: Select the days you would like this menu to be available on.
Procurement Method: In this field, you have the option to choose from “dine-in”, “pick up”, “delivery” and “dine-in unassigned”.
Membership: You are able to choose which membership level this menu is available to.
Start Date: Choose the start date of when you want this menu to be available from.
End Date: You also have the ability to choose when you want this menu to end.
Start time: Similarly, you can choose the time this menu will be available from. (e.g. lunch set starts from 12:30)
End time: Again, you can choose a specific time that the menu ends. (e.g. lunch set ends at 2:30)
Tags: Tags are necessary when you want this menu to be available and visible in different locations. In order to create tags, navigate to the Side Menu Bar>Outlet Management>Outlet Menu Tag. Click on “new”, add a tag name and click on “save”. Now if you go back to “menu builder”, the tags you created should be there and you have the option to choose which outlets this menu will be available at.
Status: Under status, you have the option of “deactivate”, “sold out”, “suspend” and “activate”.
5. To add a sub-menu under the main menu, click on “add”.
6. Add a name for the “sub menu” and add a description if you wish too.
7. To add items from your inventory to the sub section, search the items, or click on “bulk search”. Once you have added the items, click on “save”.
8. Once you have filled in all required information, click on “save” located at the right bottom corner.
Editing and Deleting a Menu
1. If you wish to edit or delete your menu, click on the three dots that correspond to the menu you want to change or delete. However, you also have other options you can choose from.
View: The view option just lets you view the menu you built.
Editing: Allows you to change and edit your menu.
Delete: Deleting the menu will delete the entire menu. Once you’ve deleted the menu you will not be able to revert this action.
Publish: Clicking on publish, will publish this menu on the channels and the outlet tags you have chosen.
Duplicate: This will duplicate the current menu you have, you will be able to change and edit this menu.
Activate / Deactivate: You can deactivate this menu if you wish, as well as activate it whenever you wish to.